The Kids of Courage Summer Adventure Camp is a dream come true. Every day many sick kids dream about a chance to disconnect from their daily struggles. They want to experience freedom and adventure like every child. It seems like an impossible dream, because many of them cannot travel without special medical supervision or without oxygen or special equipment.
We listened to their dreams, and turned it into reality. Welcome to our Summer Adventure Camp. Welcome to the world of impossible dreams for those who need it most.
Our Dream... Some facts...
- A nine day trip to the West Coast, visiting Disney World, Universal Studios, and other top attractions.
- Main flight is operated by a fully chartered Boeing 737, adaped for wheelchairs and oxygen.
- Over 700 doses of medications are administered each day, including chemo-therapy for cancer patients.
- 135+ campers with life threatening illnesses.
- 200+ volunteers, including doctors, nurses, paramedics, therapists & counselors.
- Counselor camper ratio: 2:1
- Free of charge for the children.
Los Angeles 2012
After amazing camps in Orlando, Miami and San Franciso we're back where our original adventure started some 5 years ago: Los Angeles. This year's adventure will be better and more spectacular than ever, as we're bringing a record number of new campers on our trip. Our schedule is one of the most closely guarded secrets, so we can't give you any details, but it will be full of surprises! Visit our website, Twitter and Facebook to follow us during the trip. Or even better: join us!
Camp dates: August 15-23, 2012