Kids of Courage is a groundbreaking volunteer centric organization, dedicated to the support of sick children and their families, day and night, 365 days a year. Founded in 2008, Kids of Courage is committed to change the way people look at illness, and open up a world of support, hope and opportunity for every sick child and family, no matter how serious the diagnosis is.
- Provide practical and emotional support for sick children and their families.
- Open the world to kids who would otherwise be confined to their homes and hospitals.
- Educate the public about inclusion and diversity by involving the community.
- Be a true community driven volunteer organization.
Our Volunteer & Community Philosophy
- Maximize involvement from the community.
- Attract the best professionals to donate their time and talent.
- Minimize expenses, fundraising costs, no glossy magazines.
- Rent free office.
These heroic children battle for their lives, sometime for every breath. They inspire others with their strength, tenacity and dazzling will to live. We are giving them the opportunity to live like other children and experience life in the best way imaginable. We help them forget the tubes and pumps and needles and the daily challenges and experience the thrills of carefree childhood happiness. But Kids of Courage is also about the families who care for their sons, daughters, brothers and sisters every day without rest. By providing year round activities for the entire family and medically supervised dream trips, we give them an opportunity to relax and recuperate from the physically and emotionally exhausting lifestyles they lead.
Kids of Courage serves hundreds of families from all over the country. We help everyone regardless of their religious, social or economic background. The programming goes on all year round; complete with trips, weekends and fun events. All services provided are free to the children and families, we firmly believe that these families have enough burdens in their lives without worrying about the finances needed to participate in our activities. Kids of Courage relies wholly on the charitable donations that we receive from generous donors.